Today, we discussed, "What business development technique(s) have you tried in the last 30 days? What worked? What didn't?"
It was a fabulous buffet feast at The SF City Club. I had the opportunity to lunch with nine other BALIF partners and firm owners to learn from their experience and insight with regards to business development.
What a dynamic exchange of ideas to stimulate my own thinking about how to attract more, and better, clients. Here's a sampling...
- Utilizing online key-word searches through professional marketing companies to attract more leads;
- Joining BNI and other networking and business referral group;
- Hiring a life coach to identify core values of my practice;
- Leveraging creativity to pinpoint and then expand a client's business needs;
- Selling the "person", as opposed to the firm;
- Identifying the business development medium that you're best suited for, and using it.
I also loved meeting new colleagues and catching-up with old friends - both of which are invaluable resources to refer/receive business leads.
This is part of BALIF's PARTNERS EXCHANGE - an ongoing effort to create a vibrant and thriving LGBT environment that invites networking and an exchange of business. Here's a peek at the incredible ladies and gentlemen that make up the Exchange and the specialties they bring to our community:
We're always looking to welcome new colleagues. Shoot me an email if you're interested in joining: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
BALIF Board Co-Chairs