The panel, consisting of gay, lesbian and transgender lawyers, will discuss LGBT-related diversity and inclusion issues within the legal department and the corporation, covering:
- the perceptions and experiences of LGBT lawyers in corporate legal departments;
- the impact of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression on the professional development, opportunities, and career progression of LGBT attorneys in corporate legal departments;
- how corporate legal departments can create and maintain inclusive environments that ensure equal opportunities for the success of LGBT lawyers;
- how diverse in-house counsel can help diversify the outside counsel's firms they choose to work with; and
- the importance of LGBT in-house counsel's role in bringing forth issues for their corporations to resolve related to their fellow LGBT colleagues and the LGBT community.
*Simao Avila, Kaiser Permanente
*Rich Butler, Roku Inc.
*Therese Lee, Google Inc.
*Adam Cohn, Senior Cisco Systems Inc.
*Derek J. Windham, Del Monte Corporation
Moderated by Bobbie Wilson, Perkins Coie LLP
5:30 - 8:30 PM, Thursday, June 28, 2012
Offices of Perkins Coie LLP
4 Embarcadero Center, Suite 2400
San Francisco, CA 94111
Contact: David Tsai (firstname.lastname@example.org). Limited free registration is available.