The Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley (“APABA-SV”) Charity and the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (“BALIF”) are pleased to announce a special joint scholarship for law students who have a demonstrated commitment to the Asian Pacific American and LGBT communities.
To recognize law students in the greater Bay Area who have shown excellence and achievement in law school, and:
· Overcome personal hardships or challenges; and
· Demonstrated leadership and service to the Asian Pacific American and LGBT communities.
One joint scholarship of $3,000.
Application for the scholarship includes the following:
· Résumé submission. Please include grade point average if applicable. The applicant’s grade
point average and law school enrollment are subject to verification.
· Essay submission (two page maximum). The essay should address how the applicant fulfills
the above-mentioned purpose of the scholarship.
· Interview. Scholarship finalists will be interviewed on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
In addition, scholarship recipients are required to:
· Attend the APABA-SV 31st Anniversary Gala, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California,
on September 23, 2016;
· Attend the BALIF Annual Gala in 2017 (invited but not required to attend);
· Become a Student Member of APABA-SV (free of charge) and BALIF ($10.00);
· Participate as an APABA-SV Student Liaison at his or her law school by (i) advertising
APABA-SV events and scholarships, and (ii) encouraging fellow law students to attend
events and apply for future scholarships;
· Participate as a student member of his or her law school’s LGBT student organization, if
· Become a New Member with APABA-SV and BALIF upon graduation from law school.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., June 13, 2016. Interviews will be held on June 26,
Please submit applications to email@example.com. Please also feel free to contact us with